Sunday, June 14, 2009

Can I Tell You Something?

If you ask God for something, He'll give it to you. For real.
Granted, it has to be within His will, but the closer you grow to Him, the more your desires will match up with His.

In fact, a good way to start is by simply asking God to make you more like Him. If you're consistent and sincere in asking, you will receive. The other thing is, you have to work at it; it's a gift, but it's not magic. If you want to be more like God, you have to make an effort every day to be more like Him.
This morning I prayed that God would make me more like Him. Lately I've been praying for opportunities to serve, and the courage to step up to them. Today, I almost missed one.
A friend of mine came up to me right before the church service as I was on my way to sit down. She was upset and said, "Hey, I need to talk to you." I said something like, "Yeah, sure. Just find me during service or after..." and then I realized: why? Then I said, "Actually, do you just want to talk now?" She said yes. I almost got so caught up in going to church that I almost missed an opportunity to be the Church. God says in Matthew 25:40 that whatever we do to the least of people we do to God. Ignoring this girl's hurt would have been like ignoring God after I specifically asked Him to come to me. Don't overlook ways to serve; they're everywhere.
There have been several little things like this the past week or so. You kind of have to look for them. God isn't going to give you a huge task right up front; it will be little things at first. They might even seem insignificant, but they're not.

"So I say to you: ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Luke 11:9-10

Be bold! Ask things of God with confidence. Just remember that God will move through you if you are willing to move to Him. God's promise is clear. Ask, then move.

~So

No comments:

Post a Comment