Tuesday, September 8, 2009

These Are the Days

This is my second post since I've been at Taylor. A lot has happened, and I love it here.
To my own surprise, I am in the middle of ICC (inter-class council) or student government elections. We run on tickets, so I am running for secretary and there are three others running along side of me. It's awesome.

There are a few things that this election has been teaching me, but I will focus on only one aspect for the moment.

Seize the day. I may be young, but that doesn't mean that I cannot accomplish big things. In fact, I know that I can. Our campaign is called IMPACT. We call it this for a few reasons, one of which being that we believe we can truly influence this campus, this world, and our future. We are working for God's glory, so we know that with His help we can be successful. Don't wait to change the world; the time is now. You cannot get back lost or wasted time. These years are valuable, use them for something bigger and more worthwhile than sports or parties. Use them to impact something eternal. Nurture younger people. Learn from older, wiser people. Grab life by the horns and hold on tight. You'll never accomplish the things you don't try. 

I recently read the book "Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett Harris. This is a book I wish I had read when I was 14. Well, for me it would really be 16 since that's when I accepted Christ into my life, but fourteen would have been a good age too. I encourage you to read it, or to give it teenagers or pre-teens that you know for them to read. It stresses doing things that may be difficult or uncomfortable for the glory of our Lord in heaven. 

Take charge of your life, after all, it is yours and you only have one (excluding eternal life). Don't put things off because you lack faith in yourself. 

Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" - Matthew 19:26

 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:28-32

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." - 1 Tim. 4:12

~So

1 comment:

  1. Sarah you could not have timed this post better. God is so amazing like that.
    Thanks for sharing! :)
    Love ya
    Molly

    ReplyDelete