Friday, July 15, 2011

Highlights

Here are some brief highlights of my week:

-       eating puk puk (crocodile)
-       spending time at the barn
-       getting to play with a kitten
-       the sun came out
o   this also means we had hot water
-       floorball
Wednesday we (my roommates and I) had dinner at a family’s house with four children, the oldest going into 4th grade. Kids are not my favourite. In fact, as much as I love people, people are not my favourite. Some days I’d rather spend all my time with animals instead of people.
But these kids were alright in my book. One is a toddler, one is starting kindergarten and her name is also Sarah. Then I think the boy is next followed by the eldest, another girl. Sarah actually reminds me a great deal of myself. She’s a spit-fire, that one. And Abigail, the eldest, mentioned that she was going to start learning to take care of and eventually ride horses. I told her and her mother that I’d be happy to give her and Joel, who would also be learning, some pointers and lessons while I’m here.
I met them out at the barn yesterday morning, and divided my time between riding and helping train a horse and corralling the two youngest girls. They think I’m probably about the coolest thing ever. There’s also a high school aged girl who wants to pursue working with horses and she found out that I train horses back home and my school is part of IHSA. She is very eager to hear all my stories (I don’t know what all my stories are, but she said she wanted to hear them, so I should probably figure that out).
I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to share this gift with other people while I’m on center.  

No comments:

Post a Comment