Monday, July 25, 2011

Long Weekend

Monday was Remembrance Day, similar to Memorial Day in the states, so we had the day off of work! My weekend was pretty jam packed with all kinds of fun things. Friday night I stayed in and watched a movie with my roommate. Saturday morning/afternoon I was out at the barn, which is always pretty muddy, but it was a blast anyway. When I got home and cleaned up from the barn, I baked some switkai (sweet food) for the auction we were having that night. My cookies were a little flat, but they tasted delicious and I once again managed to not burn the house down!
The auction went really well. There were probably about 20 or so people smushed into our living room. It’s always fun having “the group” get together. The group consists mainly of singles and younger married couples with one or no children. I’ve made some great friends in this group.
 The Sunday morning service was held by the Discovery team, who are sadly leaving this Thursday morning. I have really enjoyed getting to know them all. About 6 out of the 11 of them gave a brief testimony during the service, and the other presented in the evening service. I was also asked to speak at the evening service, which was late notice, but it all worked out. I went out on a walk with my Bible and notebook to figure out what I was going to say and wound up at the paddocks. It took longer than I had planned because I wound up helping someone with a horse, but it was all worth it in the end. The evening service went really well and afterwards I hung out with the Discovery team. We wound up watching Secretariat, which got my all stoked up to go trail riding the next morning.
We met at the barn around 8 a.m. to get ready to go out into the mountains. We were heading home when I actually got thrown from my horse, who then ran all the way home…from the mountain top. I had to ride back double with someone, but it was still a great trip and so worth it. I felt like I was riding through a postcard. I worked with my horse after I got her back and now she follows me around like a puppy dog. We’ll see if she remembers it today. One of my friends from the Discovery team got baptized in the river yesterday afternoon, and I was blessed to make it back from my ride in time to make it to her baptism. It was beautiful and powerful. After that was finished, I got a much-needed shower, as I was pretty covered in mud from my fall. My tailbone hurt tremendously, the whole night and made it very difficult to sleep. This morning, my whole upper-body is extremely sore and stiff. Prayers for quick healing would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment