Friday, July 1, 2011

Busy Busy!

Okay, so it’s been a few days since my last post, so here’s my week in a nutshell.
I got introduced to the Pony Club here and got to ride a bit Thursday. I’ll be going out tomorrow morning for a few hours and I’m pretty excited. It makes me feel more at home. Plus, the view is amazing. I hear that people occasionally go on “Ridge Rides” for a couple hours through the mountain trails. I hope I get to experience this while I’m here.
I was also invited to play floor-ball (indoor hockey with a wiffle ball) yesterday and it was incredibly fun. I had no idea I’d be running that much. We play four or five games to 10 pts. In two hours with minimal breaks. For future reference, I should probably bring water…and my inhaler. Just in case. I took a nasty fall because of a wet spot on the gym floor, so my back and tailbone are DEFINITELY feeling it today. I feel like an old person, which is impressive because while I’m here, I’m easily the youngest in any given situation except for MKs here. It’s a nice change of pace from feeling old at home.
This morning was a relaxed day at work. I got in around 8:45, we had a meeting from 9-10 and then we all went to the store and got ice cream. Apparently it’s a tradition, though it occasionally doesn’t happen due to ice cream shortages. (How terrible does that sound?) We sat in a hauswin (gazebo) and chatted for about an hour, which left only an hour of work before lunch.
My roommates and I were invited to dinner tonight, which is always fun. It’s really interesting to meet the different types of people here. They’re all really friendly. Oh, random, but I’m starting to become a fan of tea. There’s free coffee/tea/Milo (hot chocolate) where I work, which is soooooooo nice. And tea helps me cut down on my normal coffee intake.
I’ll update again after the weekend!


Oh! Also, I think my stomach has gotten used to the food because it hasn't been bothering me!

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear that things are going well...
    ice cream shortages may be the worst thing i have ever heard of in my life. like really really. worst nightmare.

    anyway, i looove you!
    <3Roli

    ReplyDelete